You know when you set out to create a healthy version of a recipe and you go in to it hoping that it just tastes close to the original? Well that’s how I approached these cookies. I was looking for a macro friendly, low carb cookie that had some protein power that I could enjoy during the day as a snack.
I had pretty low expectations.
My first batch turned out alright, more like peanut butter macroon things (but more dry and not super awesome) and then this batch….this batch blew me away.
Not only do they have incredible peanut butter taste, the texture is exactly what I want in a peanut butter cookie. A little crisp, but still kinda chewy. Yeah, these rock my socks – and I’m sure they’ll rock yours too!
So instead of teasing you with photos of these cookies, let’s gather a few simple ingredients and get baking.
- Preheat oven to 415
- Mix protein powder, baking soda and sweetener (if using)
- Add egg and peanut butter and mix until you get a thick batter
- Roll dough into 8 golf ball sized pieces and place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Gently press dough using first two fingers
- Bake for 8-10 minutes (mine were done in 8)
So go on with your bad self and take 15 minutes to bake up some deliciousness….
The come find me on instagram and tell me how awesome they were.