Hey everyone! Hope you all are having a fantastic Thursday. Mine is going pretty well considering the lack of sleep I got last night. Yesterday our little Tyson decided to sneak into the supply closet here at the gym and got a little sick. He threw up a few times before bed and then at 4 or 5 this morning he got sick in his crate again :S. He seems to be A-OK today though so that’s all that matters. I swear he is growing by the day.
In other news Steve is in Toronto for the night and won’t be returning until tomorrow afternoon which means I have the house all to myself. I think I’m going to make Thai or something different as Steve doesn’t really enjoy this food so it will be a special treat for me. I may or may not, but definitely will watch something girlie too to take full advantage of the situation. I’m thinking Pride and Prejudice as I could watch that movie a thousand times over.
Anyways on to the good stuff first up here is the protein pancake recipe I have been enjoying lately. It’s really simple and can be flavoured numerous ways.
- 1 scoop protein powder (I like vanilla)
- 1 tbsp psyllium husk
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp greek yogurt (you don’t have to use yogurt but it keeps the pancakes moist)
- Almond milk to thin out batter (2-3 tbsp)
- Optional: cinnamon, vanilla, fruit, nuts, chia, flax etc
- Mix everything together
- Pour into skillet greased with cooking spray or coconut oil
- Cook 2-3 min per side then flip to cook other side
- Top with your choice of fixings – I’m loving fresh strawberries and blackberries right now but almond butter is really good too
So simple and easy to bring with you. Give these guys a shot.
Also here is the newest 100 rep workout for you guys! This one uses just an exercise ball, that’s it. If you haven’t checked out the other 100 rep video’s I’ve posted you can check out the bench one here and the kettlebell one here.
Do 10 reps of the following exercises:
- Decline Pushups
- Knee Tucks
- Leg Curls
- Glute Bridge
- Step Offs
- Back Extension
- Plank Roll Outs
- Diagonal Mountain Climber (10 per leg)
Here is the video so you all can watch and see what it look likes: