There is no excuse to skip a meal or a snack when these babies are so easy to make and simply delicious! They don’t have the crap that most store bought protein bars have and they taste amazing. Chewy and decadent.They are perfect to tuck in your lunch bag and eat on the go and because they’ve got awesome natural ingredients they’ll keep you full and your body fueled and raring to go!
Enough talk, let’s get down to business.
- 6 scoops chocolate protein powder
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup oat bran (if you don’t have oat bran you can use all oats or almond meal)
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder (for extra chocolateyness)
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter (any natural nut butter will work)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 – 2 tbsp sweetener to taste (you may not need the sweetener, it will depend on the type of protein powder you use)
- 1/3 cup crushed peanuts
- 1/4 cup – 2/3 cup almond milk (or regular milk)
- Mix together the protein powder, oats, oat bran, crushed peanuts, unsweetened cocoa and sweetener
- If your peanut butter and honey are stiff like mine were, put them in a separate bowl and microwave for 30 sec to loosen up and make it easier to mix together
- Add honey and peanut butter to dry mix
- Mix extremely well. You really need to work the wet mix into the dry mix. Use those forearms!
- When you have a crumbly mixture then add in the almond milk 1/8 of a cup at a time to combine. Do not just dump in the full 1/4 cup because you may not need it. This batter is meant to be very sticky.
- Mix and add almond milk until the batter is just combined into a ball
- Next you need to spray a tray with cooking oil of your choice. Do not skip this step as doing so will make the bars very difficult to get out. I just used bakers Pam but coconut oil would also work wonderfully. You can use whatever size pan you like depending on how thick you like your bars. I find an 8×8 pan to work best.
- Now dump your mixture into the greased pan and spread it out evenly
- Place uncovered in fridge for 1 hour or so to let it set.
- Remove from fridge and cut into bars. I typically cut ours into 6 small bars for me and 3 large bars for Steve.
- Place cut bars into container and put them back into the fridge
- The bars will still be kinda sticky at this point but will continue to set up as they sit in the fridge
|Perfect go to snack.|
|Servings Per Recipe: 12|
|Serving Size: 1 serving|
Amount Per Serving
|Total Fat||6.3 g|
|Saturated Fat||1.0 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1.2 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||1.4 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||11.7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2.2 g|