Hey there! How was everyone’s week? In case you missed my much overdo post on my current eating plan you can check it out here. I’ve already had a few questions about the program so if you have any questions or want to know more please ask!
Now, as I mentioned yesterday on the carb backloading program I have backloading (high carb) days and low carb days. Right now my backloading days typically fall on Tues, Thurs and Saturday and the occasional Friday as well, depending on my training schedule. When I’m on these low days I like to have something that feels like it’s high carb and comforting but that keeps me in line with the program guidelines. Enter mini doughnuts!
These bad boys are loaded with fiber and I add in different extracts all the time to keep them interesting. The ones in the picture above were banana flavoured which I then dipped in my cocoa powder frosting and unsweetened shredded coconut. Talk about deeeeeelish!
- ¼ cup Ground Flax Seeds
- ¼ teaspoon Guar Gum (Optional)
- ¼ teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½-1 tablespoon Melted Coconut Oil (Optional)
- 1 Large Egg
- Cinnamon (To Taste)
- Falvour Extracts (Vanilla, maple, coconut, banana) (To Taste)
- 1 tablespoon Sweetener of Choice (More or less to taste)
- 2 heaped tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- A few drop Milk of choice or water
- Sweetener to taste
- Combine dry ingredients
- Add in wet ingredients and stir everything together
- Spray mini-doughnut maker with non-stick spray and cook for 4-6 minutes
- Allow to cool and mix frosting ingredients together and then frost!
The Big Boss grill from those cheesy infomercials
I make mine on this handy little grill I picked up at Wal-Mart for about $30 on sale. I love it because the plates are interchangeable and I really wanted a waffle pan. If you don’t have a doughnut maker (we can’t all be that lucky) the batter also works as a waffle batter or you can just make some flax pancakes. Yum!
Sometimes I don’t want doughnuts though, sometimes I want something cold. Bring on the protein fudgsicles!
- 1 packet Sugar Free Chocolate Jello
- 2 scoops Chocolate Protein Powder
- 1-2 tablespoon Cocoa Powder (This will depend on how chocolately your protein powder is, you may not need any)
- 2 cups Milk of choice
- Whisk all ingredients together
- Pour into Popsicle molds and freeze until solid
The jello is what gives the fudgsicles their smooth silky texture and keeps them from turning into bricks in the freezer.
I’ve linked these recipes up at Candy Fit’s
So be sure to hop over and check out some other great eats too!
And just because I felt like it I made you up a fabulous, do-it-anywhere, no excuses bodyweight workout!
I did this one today and it took me somewhere around 15 minutes (over 1000 reps in 15 minutes isn’t bad). Don’t cheat on the squats or lunges (get low) and modify if/when you need to. You can always cut the reps in half too!
Well I’m off to do some accounting stuff (yay! not) and then get brainstorming for next weeks meal plan. I have a grocery haul post to share with you guys too to give you an idea of what I buy week to week!
Have a super awesome weekend!