Hi everyone. Right now, if we were face to face I would be saying hi in the sad, lethargic way Ross Geller would on Friends.
I don’t even want to get into the whole thing but basically I had some car troubles that left me stranded at Wal-Mart for the majority of the day. Uggggghhh. I’m blaming it on Friday the 13th. So for a couple hours I meandered around Wal-Mart like a total creep show (I had already been there for 2 hours at this point and was finished my grocery shopping). At least there is a lot to look at at there. I checked out some kitchen gadgets, appliances, furniture and smelled about 30 different types of candles which made me hungry and somewhat nauseated from the various smells all at once.
In other recent Chelsey fails, I totally burned my stomach the other night, which is a weird random spot to get burned (note to self – do not reach for spices above oven when hot roasting pan is on stove).
It didn’t look too bad the night it happened but it’s now scabbing up nicely, sweet.
Even though I burned myself I was comforted by a super quick dinner I threw together on a whim. I made a super light and healthy shepherd’s pie using cooked ground chicken, veggies, and mashed cauliflower on top. It was so warm and comforting – perfect for transitioning into fall.
Ok so now that I’ve shared my recent fails, let’s get to this awesome bread I’ve been whipping up lately.
I just love this bread. I make a single serving at a time and there are so many ways you can change it up. Easy and versatile, my kinda food.
60 Sec Low Carb Coconut Flour/Flax Bread
- 1 TBSP ground flax (I like golden but any will work)
- 1 TBSP coconut flour
- 1 whole egg (or 2 TBSP egg whites + ½ tsp olive oil)
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- Any spices you wish to add
- Parmesan Cheese
- Garlic Powder
- Cinnamon + Stevia
- For a larger bun I use:
- 2 TBSP flax
- 2 TBSP coconut flour
- 1 whole egg
- 2 TBSP egg whites
- 1 heaping ¼ tsp baking soda
- In a microwave safe dish mix everything together well, coconut flour tends to be clumpy
- If mixture is too thick simply add additional egg whites until you have a pancake batter consistency.
- Microwave for about 1 min
- If still undercooked in middle continue to microwave in 15 sec intervals until done
- I make mine in square shaped tupperware for sandwich bread and in a bowl or round tupperware for buns
This stuff is so delish on it’s own but I love it toasted. It’s perfect for sandwiches, dipping your eggs into, burgers and more.
I hope you give it a shot!
And just because, here’s one of my favourite recent pictures of Steve & Tyson. Melts my heart.
——>Anyone else have any fails lately? I can’t be the only one!
Low Carb Coconut Flour Flax Bread & Friday the 13th Fails