I am fully aware that Valentines day was a week ago but Steve and I didn’t get around to celebrating until this weekend. That’s the thing with owning your own training facility, you work long crazy hours sometimes. Totally worth it though.
On Tuesday night I did try to make dinner a little more romantic. I made my pizza crust and topped it with turkey pepperoni and made it all heart shaped.
|Before baking the pepperoni|
Anyways people that know us know Steve and I are really laid back. Our idea of a dinner out is someplace with great burgers and cold beer. Valentines is no different. I always cook up some dinner and we spend the night watching movies and just enjoying each others company. That’s what it’s all about right?
Well this year we just picked a couple of our favourite things we haven’t had in a while and made a meal out of it. Nothing fancy, just food we don’t eat all the time. We decided to have cheesy bruschetta and chicken wings. I make some pretty killer wings if you ask me (or Steve).
Here’s the lowdown on how to make them:
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Take chicken wings and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (or tin foil sprayed with cooking oil – these suckers will stick otherwise)
- (You can remove the skin for lower fat intake but they are crispier with it on)
- Pop them in the oven and bake for 25-30 min then flip and bake for another 20-30 min rotating them to ensure even crispy goodness
- Remove wings from oven and put broiler on low
- Toss chicken wings in sauce of choice (I used PC buffalo sauce and Diana’s BBQ sauce)
- Place wings back on baking sheet and put in oven for another 10 minutes or so, flipping them halfway through to make them all sticky and delicious
These are sooooo good. Yes the bbq sauce has sugar in it and leaving the skin on makes them a little fattier but compared to breaded fried wings these are much better. Plus as I said, we don’t eat these often.
Completed with a glass of Shiraz it was a great relaxing night.
I used the leftover bruschetta mix to make some amazing chicken which I will post later.