Sorry for posting so late but I just woke up from my second nap of the day. I’m trying to get as much sleep as I can today because we leave for Toronto tomorrow at 4am! I’m all packed up and ready to go (I hope). I have had so much encouragement over the past 24 hours and I know that those words will keep me pushing on even when my legs are ready to give out.
Today’s carb loading has been going pretty good. Here are some of the eats I’ve had (some are pictured along the side from my instagram account):
- Bob’s Mill 7 grain breakfast cereal with bananas, unsweetened coconut & maple syrup
- Brown rice Rice Krispies
- Ezekiel Bread w/ peanut butter and jelly
- Whole wheat wrap with tuna and tomatoes
- Leftover chicken, pepper and herb fettuccine
- Sweet N’ Salty Granola Bar
- Mango & kiwi
I’ve obviously had veggies and protein too but those are some my main carb sources right now.
I know I promised to post my apple crisp recipe but I was so overwhelmed last night that I didn’t make it. I promise I will do so erly next week so I can share the yummyness with you.
My fettuccine last night turned out pretty fab though and here’s a quick breakdown of how I made it:
- Baked chicken breasts seasoned with Italian herbs at 400° for 35 minutes or so
- Along with the chicken I roasted some cut up bell peppers and an onion drizzled in olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper and cooked those for the same amount of time as the chicken turning every 15 minutes or so
- Boiled the pasta according to the directions and drained it reserving 1/4 cup of pasta water
- When the chicken was done I sliced it up and put it in a large skillet over medium low heat with the roasted peppers and then added about 1/4 cup or so (you know I generally don’t measure) of fat free herb and garlic cream cheese and let it melt down adding the reserved pasta water as needed to thin it out
- Then I added in the noodles and tossed it all together and served it topped with fresh Parmesan cheese
Really yummy and easy to whip up.
For those who are interested in seeing how the ride is progressing over the weekend the good folks over at the Ride to Conquer Cancer have created a page that they will be updating throughout the day to keep people in the loop:
Click here tomorrow to see how everyone is doing.
If I can I will be posting video updates which will go right to my youtube page here. If I can’t post them during the day I’ll do my best to past them in the hotel at night.
Again thank you all so much for your kind words and motivation I will be thinking of all of you during the weekend.
Tomorrow I ride because we need to find a cure. Tomorrow I ride because cancer touches us all.
Tomorrow I ride because I know my dad will be watching me from up above – and I want to make him proud.