Alright so I finally had time to make up those flax seed crackers and post the recipe up for you guys. I wanted to try out a couple of variations and tonight I had one successful attempt and one that was just so-so.
The original recipe is for garlic Parmesan crackers and I found this recipe here. I really like these crackers with my tuna at lunch or at night when I’m feeling like something salty and crunchy.
Here’s the low-down on how to put em’ together. Tonight I made them with rosemary but feel free to add in whatever seasonings you like. Oh I also forgot to start taking pictures until I already had the mixture on the baking sheet, sorry. It’s a super simple recipe anyhow.
- 1 cup ground flax
- 1/3 cup light Parmesan
- 1/4 – 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 3/4 cup water
- Preheat your oven to 400°
- Mix everything together in a bowl
Place mixture on parchment lined baking sheet
- Somewhat flatten mixture with spatula
- Place another sheet of parchment paper over mixture and roll out to desired thickness – I like mine about 1/4 inch
- Make sure the edges aren’t too thin or they’ll burn
- Score dough with pizza cutter or knife
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden
Allow the crackers to fully cool and then store them in an airtight jar.
I tried to make a vanilla-cinnamon version of these but something about them is just….off. I will keep playing around with the recipe and post it once I get it down. I may try adding in almond flour.
Well enjoy this yummy savory version for now and let me know what you think!