So I’ve been adding more whole grains into my meal plan and recently made some delicious couscous salad that I thought I would share with you. Couscous take no time to prepare as you really don’t have to do much to them which makes it a great easy side. This recipe is equally delicious if made with Quinoa.
- 1 cup whole wheat couscous
- 1 1/2 cups low sodium chicken/veggie stock
- (You can use water I just like the extra flavour the stock gives)
- 2-3 tomatoes
- 1/2 large red onion
- 1 English cucumber
- 1-2 peppers
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tbsp red wine vinegar (I used like 4 but I’m a vinegar fanatic)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Low fat feta cheese (optional)
- Bring the 1 1/2 cups of stock/water to a boil
- Add couscous, stir, and remove from heat
- After 5 minutes fluff the couscous with a fork and allow to cool
- Chop up all the veggies and add to cooled couscous
- Add olive oil and vinegar and optional feta and seasonings
- Toss and serve at room temperature or cold
|Made this last night. Didn’t have the usual peppers or feta
but it’s still delicious.
I really love this salad because it’s super simple to make, has great flavour and it’s easy to make a large batch that’ll last the week. It’s also a good way to get in a ton of veggies and can easily be adapted to suite your personal taste. Super versatile, easy, healthy and delish. What else is there?