Yay for Friday!!!! Who else is excited for the weekend? We’re not up to much but I’m still excited for a little R&R. Oh and probably some Sons of Anarchy. My aunt tried to get me into this show a couple years ago but we just weren’t feeling it. Well we caught up on Homeland and needed something new to watch after dinner and decided to give it a try. I’m totally hooked.
I didn’t have any early clients this morning so I took advantage of the extra time and whipped up some of these delicious pancakes.
Cookies N' Cream Protein Pancakes
- ½ scoop cookies n’ cream protein powder
- ¼ cup egg whites
- ¼ cup greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- Sweetener to taste, I used a packet of stevia
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 packet of stevia (depending on how sweet your protein powder is)
- Almond milk to thin out
- Mix everything together, cook on pan over medium heat. Flip when bubbles form.
- Meanwhile mix up - Chocolate Fudge Sauce
- Mix everything together and microwave for 20-30 seconds, till it gets all warm and awesome. After it came out of the microwave I added ½ tbsp of coconut flour to thicken it up a bit. But this is optional.
- Layer pancakes with fudge sauce - dig in.
After inhaling those pancakes I came to the gym to actually work and get a workout in myself. My main workout today included paused deadlifts. After each rep I reset myself (while keeping my hands on the bar, so just my hips come up) for 5 sets of 5. It absolutely destroyed my grip but I need to work on getting tighter at the bottom of the lift and this will help me work on that. After my deadlifts I did a strength circuit a couple times and then Tyson got to play for a while.
Later I was feeling a bit antsy after sitting in the back for a while and just wanted to do something light so I did the following:
Now I’m off to do more of the work thing and then I’m all about relaxing this weekend. Hope everyone has a good one 🙂
Cookies N’ Cream Protein Pancakes & a Skipping Workout