We’re already halfway through the week…how did that happen? This week feels like it’s flying by but I feel like I’m not getting anything done. I feel like I need an extra 4 hours added to my day lately.
I’m trying to get our wedding invitations done so I can hand some of them out during the holidays – I forgot just how expensive stamps were these days! Also, I thought picking the wording for the invites would be a breeze but….not so much. I think I have a handle on all of it now though and am excited to see how they turn out.
In other happenings, my training is still going extremely well, I’m on week 4 of 6 for the program I’m doing and am still loving it.
Some seated overhead pin presses
6 way dumbbell raises
Along with awesome training, I’ve been stuffing my face with delicious food. You can click any of the images to make them larger FYI.
And because I always have some after dinner treat, I thought I’d share one of my new favourite microwave protein treats. It’s a chocolate protein lava cake that can be enjoyed as is, or with peanut butter or berries in the middle for a fun treat. It uses minimal ingredients and comes together in just a few minutes.
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (or use vanilla and add an extra tablespoon of cocoa powder)
- 2 TBSP cocoa powder
- ½ TBSP coconut flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 packet stevia or other sweetener of choice
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup almond milk
- A dollop of your favourite nut butter
- A few fresh berries
- Some dark chocolate chips
- Mix all of the ingredients together - except optional mix ins
- Pour into a sprayed mug or small bowl
- If using any optional add ins, place them in the middle of the batter and press them in slightly
- Microwave for 20-40 seconds depending on your microwave and dish
- Do NOT overcook! You want it to still be soft and liquid-y in the middle
- Stuff your face.
Let me know if you try it! It’s delicious served with ice cream or frozen yogurt.
I’ve also been enjoying the Starbucks advent calendar my sister got for me. She spoils me.
The little tins are magnetic and stick to the chalk board and are filled with salted caramel chocolate pretzel bites. I’ve been enjoying them at night alongside our pretty little Christmas tree, which is also where Chester likes to hide out.
Well, that’s it for today. If you missed the kettlebell workout I posted on Saturday, check that out, it’s a good one. If you’re looking to drool over more food be sure to hop over to Jenn’s WIAW linkup over on Peas and Crayons. I’m nosy and always like seeing what other people are chowing down on.