I am a huge fan of pub style food…unfortunately most of that food happens to contain bad starchy carbs and is usually deep fried. So when I’m craving something delicious and comforting I make up some almond crusted chicken fingers.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup almond flour (ground blanched almonds)
- 2 tbsp coconut flour (if you don’t have coconut flour use 1/8-1/4 cup whole wheat flour)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Other seasonings of choice
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 450°
- Cut chicken breasts into approximately even strips
- Combine the almond, flour, salt, seasonings and olive oil in a bowl
- If you don’t have ground almonds but have blanched almonds you can combine everything in a food processor
- Transfer almond mixture to a shallow dish or plate for dredging
|I added smoked chipotle to my mixture|
- Beat egg in separate bowl
- Dip chicken strips in egg then coat with almond crust and place on a baking sheet
- Bake until crispy and golden in oven for 20-25 min turning half way
Serve with dipping sauce of choice (beware of unassuming sugars in many sauces).
I served mine up with sweet potato fries which I baked alongside the chicken tenders.