Ok first off, I know I said I would post this on Saturday but my computer at home is on it’s last leg and I’ve nearly thrown it out the window 10 times since the weekend. I couldn’t upload anything and it kept freezing so I decided to wait to post it for both safety and sanity reasons.
Anyways I stumbled upon this recipe after seeing it on Pinterest (oh how much time I waste on this site) and am absolutely in love with it. This girl has some pretty decadent dessert recipes on her site that have been healthified while remaining delicious. Now some of the stuff on their I would still eat in moderation but these baked oatmeal cakes of goodness are amazing each and every morning. She has a bunch of variations posted on her site here and I recommend you check her page out, she’s pretty awesome.
So here’s the recipe as I make it:
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/4 cup oat bran
- 1 packet sweetener (I like it sweet)
- 3 tbsp of either mashed banana (I just use 1/2 banana) or unsweetened apple sauce
- 3 tbsp almond milk (or regular milk or water)
- 1 tbsp nut butter (I use almond because I don’t really want to notice the nutty taste)
- You could also sub in coconut oil
- Dash of salt
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- Dash of vanilla or other extract of choice
- Pre-heat the oven to 375°
- Mix together dry ingredients
- Add wet ingredients
- Place in ramekin or muffin tin – I used my large silicone pan for easy clean up
- You may need to split it up into 2 tins depending on how large they are
- Bake for 15-20 minutes
- Eat it!
|After they’ve baked|
Now you can eat these on the go or bring them with you to work to eat in the car or at your desk as they are super portable. I personally like to top mine off with some protein powder icing to get in my protein serving for the morning.
|Love this ‘icing’|
As you can see I like my icing rather runny. Whip up a batch and let me know what you think!