I also got to indulge after following my meal plan to a T for 2 full weeks! We took Tyson on his first hike! We went to Komoka conservation area, somewhere neither of us had been and it was a blast! Tyson LOVED hiking and he loved the water even more. We saw deer, lots of pretty birds and butterflies and enjoyed some awesome munchies graciously provided by my foodie pen pal. When we got home I loaded up on some fruit while I had the chance
We drank some wine
And took in some glorious sun! It was an awesome weekend with some of my favourite people.
I also came up with a simple recipe for all of you! So here you go:
Bacon Wrapped Baked Eggs
These are perfect to prepare in advance for an easy on the go breakfast.
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Slice Turkey Bacon
- Cooking Oil
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Place turkey bacon around edge of muffin tin (I cut it in half first as I find it wraps better)
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until bacon begins to very slightly brown
- Remove muffin tin from oven and spray bottom of muffin tin with cooking spray
- Crack egg into muffin tin and season with salt & pepper or whatever seasonings you're feelin that day
- Bake an additional 10-15 minutes or until eggs or set
These are perfect to prepare in advance for an easy on the go breakfast. You can make a ton of them at a time and can season them up however you'd like. You can add in spinach or cheese and take them with you on the go. High in protein, low in carbs and easy to make - they are a winner!
Give them a try and let me know what you think!
Bacon Wrapped Baked Eggs & Long Weekend Recap