Welcome third trimester!
Since my pregnancy has been very boring (my doctor’s words not mine haha) I thought I would group some of my recaps together so let’s dive in!
BABY POWERHOUSE WEEK 28:
- Baby H is about 16 inches, weighs somewhere around 2.5 pounds and is the size of an eggplant or coconut
- His adrenal glands are secreting androgen
- Still packing on fat and becoming less wrinkly by the week
- He’s moving in and out of REM sleep and likely dreaming (how cute!)
BABY POWERHOUSE WEEK 29:
- Little man is about 16 inches and close to 3 pounds. He’s around the size of a butternut squash or pineapple
- His muscle and lungs are still maturing
- He still has plenty of fat to pack on before delivery day
- He’s getting a bit more cramped in there these days but continues to be extremely active
BABY POWERHOUSE WEEK 30:
- Our little guy is somewhere around 17 inches long, weighs somewhere around 3.5 pounds and is the size of a cantaloupe or length of a cucumber
- His lanugo, the hair that was keeping him warm and protecting him, is starting to fall off as he continues to gain fat
- His eyes are in place but still developing as his vision is still quite poor at this point
- He’ll likely be making his way down to the head down position to get ready for birth
AND HERE’S WHAT’S BEEN HAPPENING WITH ME THE PAST FEW WEEKS:
Weight gain/swelling/innie vs outtie: Oh the belly button is out as far as it can go at this point – which sometimes causes itching. In terms of weight gain, I’m somewhere around 16 pounds. I’m lucky that I’ve had no swelling whatsoever and my rings and everything still fit great.
Workouts: My back is getting a bit more stiff with the extra load out front but so far things are still feeling good and I’m doing a mix of my own strength workouts plus conditioning with my clients.
Symptoms: Acid reflux and a stiff back are my only complaints at this point.
I also had my glucose test….good times
Sleep: I’m luck to be averaging 7-8 hours still but with the achy back and having to get up to go to the bathroom more frequently it’s not the most cohesive sleep
Fun Stuff : I got seriously spoiled by my clients who threw me the most beautiful surprise baby shower! It was so amazing and Baby Powerhouse and I were definitely feeling the love.
Looking Forward To: Finishing the nursery – it’s really coming together now!
Feels For The Week: