This little nugget just keeps growing in there…
I forgot to post this update last week…but here it is!
HERE’S WHAT’S UP WITH BABY POWERHOUSE THIS WEEK:
- He’s roughly 13 inches long, around 1.5lbs and the size of an eggplant or ear of corn
- His lungs are developing significantly now and are producing surfactant – a material that will help his lungs expand and operate once he’s out of the womb
- He gained about 1/4 of a pound last week in bones, fat and muscle
- His skin is pinkish due to capillaries
- Baby has eyelashes, eyebrows and hair though they still lack pigment at this point
AND HERE’S WHAT’S BEEN HAPPENING WITH ME THIS PAST WEEK:
Weight gain/swelling/innie vs outtie: Somewhere around 10-12 pounds would be my guess. The belly button is flattening out every week but not quite a full outtie yet.
Workouts: Still going strong and loving them.
The weight is significantly lowered but it feels great to be moving and active still.
Symptoms: Still some nagging low back pain and the occasional headache but other than that we’re feeling good. I still can’t stress enough how grateful I am to be feeling so well during this pregnancy.
Food This Week: Enjoying all the usual faves and just trying to ensure I’m getting in lots of nutrient dense foods.
Sleep: I’m definitely starting to toss and turn more at night. I find I’m sleeping in a bit more (which I’m sooooo lucky to be able to do) because I’m not getting the same quality of sleep I was used to.
Fun Stuff From the Week: We went to Waterloo to watch some of our athletes play. It was SO cold out!
Baby/Maternity Items Purchased: No but I was gifted a couple of really cute items I’ll have to take some pictures of.
Looking Forward To: Meeting my OB in a couple weeks! I feel like meeting her and being at the actual hospital will make things really sink in!