I love good breakfast food. There’s nothing like the smell of bacon and eggs in the morning to get you going. Whenever I’m minding my carbs I like to whip up a batch of these pancakes. They satisfy my cravings for breakfast goodness and I can feel good about the carb choices I’ve made. These are super quick and easy to make.
- 1/4 almond flour (or ground almonds)
- 1/4 oat bran
- You can use a 1/4 of oats ground into oat flour, but I prefer the oat bran for it’s higher fibre
- 1 omega-3 egg
- Appx 2 tsp coconut oil (or flax oil)
- Sweetener to taste (I use 1 packet which is equivalent to 2 tsp)
- 1/8 – 1/4 cup water
- Your choice of seasoning. My favourites include:
How to Make Them:
I’ll post pictures of me making them soon!
- Heat non stick frying pan to med
- Mix all ingredients together
- I like to use my magic bullet for this. I just pop everything in and its good to go in a few seconds
You may look at the batter and think that there’s not going to be enough but these suckers are filling! I should also note that these are not light and fluffy like normal pancakes they are much denser and almost cake like…mmm cake. Give them a whirl and see what you think!